Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

W3 D2 A2 Overcoming Adversity

I have a Grandpa (died in 2018 sadly), who used to be a servant in 2012 for this rich guy that lived in America. He was so lazy he payed for people to do his bidding's.
Image result for rich house in auckland

However, he tricked 5 of the servants and payed them nothing. One of them included my Grandpa.

The rich man said if any of them called or told the police about it, he would result in killing one of their family.

My Grandpa served that punk for 2 years until he had enough, he came up with an idea to make sure the rich man was gone!

My grandpa was really smart as he got a degree during university so he knew what to do.

When it was the next day, he placed four camera's in the house (which was hidden very well), in the main rooms where the rich man told them what to clean.

At the end of the day, he took all camera's and took it to the police as soon as possible.

The police were satisfied with the information, so they went to his house and put him at trial in court.

He was sentenced to 30 years in prison, and I am proud my grandpa got rid of him once and for all.

He moved into New Zealand and rented a house for him to live in. I used to go to his house every week to see if he is ok. He bought both of us ice - cream and lollies and one day he told me this story.

That rich man is still in prison to this day, and I hope he learnt his lesson to not use people as puppets to do your dirty work.

Attribution: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/67546686/new-zealands-most-expensive-homes-for-sale

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zayden,

    Wow that's an amazing story. Your Grandpa was really cool. I'm sorry to hear that he has died but it's really cool that you were able to visit him often and he told you this story. That was pretty rotten what the rich man did and hopefully he will learn his lesson and treat people better. I think it makes your grandpa a real hero as he would have saved the other 4 servants from the horrible situation as well as his family who the man threatened.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daniel,

      I would like to ask how do you screenshot I am having trouble and google is no help.

      Thanks,

      Zayden

      Delete
  3. Hey Zayden,

    On my home computer you hold down the 'windows logo' key on the left side of the keyboard next to the 'alt' button and then press the "print screen" button which should be above the 'Delete' button

    so 'Windows logo" + Print screen
    if that doesn't work try "Ctrl + Print screen"

    :) this has been your public service announcement for today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daniel,

      Thank you for telling me how to do it I have been stuck on activity 3 for like half an hour lol,

      Thanks Daniel,

      Zayden

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. Glad I could be of help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Zayden,
    Thank you for sharing what happened with your grandpa, I am sorry that your grandpa passed away. I really like this blog post! Let me explain on why I like it. Firstly, you added a picture which made the blog post more interesting. Secondly, you explained what happened in a lot of detail. I would do the same thing if I were in your grandpa's position. I hope the person in jail learned his biggest lesson of all. Maybe next time you could add a bit more information about the back story of the activity. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about